The Campus Communications Hub (CCH) allows you to edit and delete events that you manage.
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to edit on the calendar. You can achieve this by either selecting the day on the calendar where the event resides or, if you entered the event earlier, clicking on the “My Events” link in the left navigation. “My Events” also allows you to view events created by other members of your editing group(s) using the drop-down list at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Edit button (page with yellow pencil icon) This will open up the edit screen.
- Make the necessary changes to the event.
- Click “Update Event” or “Update Event and Create a Campus Notice”
Note that you may only edit events that you or another member of your editing group created. If you wish to make changes to an event on the calendar but do not see the edit icon, view the event and locate its contact person. E-mail that contact person with your suggested changes.
Occasionally you may have need to delete a calendar event (duplicate events appearing on the live calendar, etc.)
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to delete. You can achieve this by either selecting the day on the calendar where the event resides or, if you entered the event earlier, clicking on the “My Events” link in the left navigation.
- Click the Delete button (the little trashcan).
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to delete the event. Click “OK.”
Note that if you had originally associated a campus notice with your event when it was entered, these notices will also be immediately deleted.
If you wish to delete an event on the calendar but do not see the delete button next to it, open the event in the calendar and locate the contact person listed on the event detail page. E-mail that contact person and ask them to delete it.
ADDING AN EVENT TO YOUR CALENDAR:
You may find that an event you wish to list on your department’s Web site has already been created in the calendar. Instead of duplicating the event, simply use the calendar grid button (see above) to add the event to your calendar feed.
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to add to your feed.
- Click the calendar button.
- Select the calendar associations that you wish to add to the event for your department’s display purposes.
- Click “Update Event Calendars” and refresh your department’s homepage to make sure the event is appearing on your department’s calendar.
Note that depending on how many events your department site is set to display (usually 3-5 at a time), the event may not appear until other department events have passed and filtered off your calendar.